Online Classes via Zoom
Each class is one 50-minute hour. Students are encouraged to take a minimum of 4 hours per week and as many as 15 hours per week. Schedules can be customized to meet needs. The cost for online instruction (one person) is $22.00 per 50-minute hour. Payment is made through an online payment system called 2CheckOut. A fee of 6% is added to the total payment. There is a small cost for the purchase of a textbook which can be found rather inexpensively on Amazon. An additional person can join the class for $11.00 per 50-minute hour. Total cost for one couple, for example, would be $33.00 per 50-minute hour.
On Campus Experience
Students who wish to come to campus for an intensive experience have the benefit of combining language and culture. Packages can be arranged from 1 week to several months depending on the desire of the student. Pricing is based on 1 month (4 weeks) and 15 hours of Spanish classes.
CALL Campus Package for 4 weeks: $1,840.00* includes:
- 15 hours of class per week (normally 3 hours per weekday)
- Lodging in campus apartment with kitchen, possibly with other CALL students
- Occasional field trips with professors
- Airport transportation to SENDAS campus and back to the airport (SJO)
- Laundry facilities close to the apartments (no charge for use)
- Internet access (no additional charge)
*Price subject to updates and changes
This plan does not include the following:
- Airfare to San Jose (SJO)
- Food costs – there is a grocery store within walking distance
- Required Emergency and Accident Insurance paid online to Global Mission, Church of the Nazarene
- Textbook (if you want your own copy – can be purchased on Amazon for less than $25)
For missionaries or volunteers, special pricing can be arranged. For more information, please contact the program coordinator, Carol Rittenhouse at email@example.com.