Our professors are highly qualified and experienced professors of Spanish as a Second Language. They pay special attention to your learning style and make the class fun with various activities each day. Not only do the students learn Spanish grammar and writing, but extra emphasis is placed on listening, conversation and pronunciation. Another bonus of the program are the field trips in the package plans which include visits to the National Museum, parks and other downtown exhibits and events.
Upon arrival to the program, CALL students complete a placement test and interview to properly determine the level of Spanish needed. The CALL curriculum is divided into three levels: Basic (Pre-basic, Basic I and Basic II), Intermediate (I and II) and Advanced (I and II). Classes may be individual or small groups of students, depending on the student population that week. CALL classes are held year round as space permits. New classes normally begin on Mondays.
General Program Costs.
CALL Campus Package for 4 weeks: $1765.00
4 Week Study Program includes the following:
- 15 hours of class per week (normally 3 hours per weekday, 50 minute hours).
- Lodging in campus apartment with kitchen, possibly with other CALL or Seminary students.
- Occasional field trips with professors.
- Airport transportation in and out.
- Laundry facilities close to the apartments (no charge for use).
- Internet access at Seminary library if not available in apartment.
This plan does not include the following:
- Airfare to San Jose (SJO).
- Food costs. When dining hall is available the price is $6 - $8 per meal. Grocery store within walking distance.
- Exit Tax for Costa Rica if not included in airfare, $29. Most major airlines now include this fee.
- Required Emergency and Accident Insurance paid online to Global Mission, Church of the Nazarene ($3.25 per day, less for stays of more than 22 days).
- Textbook (Amazon $25 or less if a used copy is obtained).
- Swimming Pool pass for a monthly charge, optional, if available.
- Additional Tours and Travel.
- If you would like additional class hours beyond the 15 hours per week, that may be arranged at a cost of $15.50 per hour.